This easy, one-dish meal pairs two family favorites: soup and seafood. It’s packed with nutrition, including vitamin E tocotrienols from the Malaysian sustainable palm oil, and uses simple ingredients that may already be in your refrigerator or pantry.
- 1 pound Pacific Halibut fillet, cut into 4 oz boneless, skinless portions
- 4 ounces Malaysian Red Palm Oil
- 1 cup Yukon Gold Potato, Diced
- 1 cup Carrot, small dice
- 2 Leeks, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 White onion, julienned
- 1 cup Tomato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Minced garlic (about 10 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Uncover, add cilantro, and cook 2 minutes longer.
This recipe was originally posted at http://www.palmoilhealth.org/recipes/, where Chef Gerard is featured as a guest blogger.